Permitting System Update
Please know that the Gaston County Building Inspections office will not be operating the week of March 23rd – March 30th. During this time no permit applications will be processed and no inspections will occur as staff will use this time to transfer current permit and inspections data from the existing system to the new system. In addition to the data transfer, Inspections staff will be using this time for training and continuing education.
During the interim the following changes can be expected:
- Effective March 12, 2018 Building permit applications will no longer be accepted via fax.
- Single Trade permit applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be PDF format.
- Updated Building Inspection Permit applications can be found on our website
- Effective March 22, 2018 all permits must be paid for at the time the permit is issued; Contractors will no longer be allowed to have permit and inspection fees sent to an account
- All Companies and Contractors with accounts aging greater than 30-days have until April 2, 2018 to pay for all past-due amounts; any Company and/or Contractor not meeting this deadline will be placed on hold after the aforementioned date and will not be issued further permits until payment is received
Please frequently check the website for further information regarding registration for the new permitting system so delays in projects are not experienced: