Signs of terrorist activity:
- Someone bragging or talking about plans to harm citizens in violent attacks or who claims membership in a terrorist organization that espouses killing innocent people.
- Suspicious packages, luggage, or mail that have been abandoned in a crowded place such as an office building, airport, school, or shopping center.
- Suspicious letter or package that arrives in the mail.
- Someone suspiciously exiting a secured, non-public area near a train or a bus depot, airport, tunnel, bridge, government building, or tourist attraction.
- Any type of activity or circumstance that seems frightening or unusual within the normal routines of your neighborhood, community, and workplace.
- Someone unfamiliar loitering in a parking lot, government building, or around a school or playground.
- Someone using or threatening to use a gun or other weapon, place a bomb, or release a poisonous substance in to the air, water, or food supply.
- Strange odors, smoke, fire, or an explosion.
- Abandoned vehicles.
Reporting terrorist activity:
If this is an EMERGENCY or the crime is in progress, dial 9-1-1 on your telephone.
Gaston County Police Department 704-866-3320
Crime Stoppers 704-861-8000
- Your name and address
- A brief description of the event -- what happened, when, where, and who was involved;
- Description of the suspect: sex, race, age, height, weight, hair color, clothing, distinctive characteristics such as beard, mustache, scars, or accent;
- Description of the vehicle if one was involved: color, make, model, year, license plate, and special features such as stickers, dents, or decals;
- Where you think the suspicious person(s) may have gone.