Property addresses have become necessary in order for emergency personnel (police, fire and rescue) to effectively locate you, your family and/or your property in the event of an emergency. This is also the basis for naming unnamed existing private roadways, in which three or more families live upon within separate structures.
- All petitions submitted to Planning GIS must have attached a Gaston County Map of the area under consideration; you can get these online in GIS Mapping.
- The road to be named must be drawn in on the corresponding map to allow for input into the GIS system.
- Each and every structure must be clearly marked on the map to assure proper addressing.
- If questions arise regarding property ownership or if you are unable to collect a required property owner signature, please contact Planning GIS.
- There is a processing fee of $20 to accompany all valid petitions. (Fee Schedule)
- For previously unnamed roads, a one-time fee of $125 is required for the street sign.
- Duplicate road names (phonetically or otherwise similar) are not accepted regardless of the street or road suffix (road, drive, court, etc.) Example: Jenny Ln will not be accepted if Jenny Ct is already in use.
Gaston County Planning & Development Services
P.O. Box 1578
Gastonia, N.C. 28053
Planning GIS Manager Jena Goodman 704-866-3907
Planning GIS Data Analyst 704-866-3770
Planning GIS Specialist III 704-866-3530
Kimera Coburn 704-866-3072