By volunteering, you can share your time, talents, and compassion with adults struggling with various disabling conditions. You can make a difference!
Ways you can volunteer:
- Activity Assistant: the Activity Assistant helps the Center staff with programmed activities, planned by the Center team.
- Special Event Assistant: the Special Event assistant helps when the Center has a large event or an outing. This may require traveling to a location either on a county vehicle or by your own personal vehicle
- Activity Leader: the Activity Leader plans and activity and receives approval for the activity from the Center’s Activity Director.
- Entertainer: volunteer Entertainers perform for participant’s enjoyment. Examples include piano players, magicians, DJ, comedian, singer.
- Cleaning/Maintenance: this volunteer does not work directly with the participants but supports the program by helping with organizing, cleaning, weeding, dusting, washing, sanitizing and similar tasks.
- Clerical: this volunteer does not work directly with the participants but supports the program by helping with paperwork, answering phones, decorating the Center for holiday/season, changing bulletin boards, helping with mailings, etc.
We have volunteer opportunities at both of our locations in Gastonia and Mt Holly.
We also accept youth volunteers from the age of 13-17!