Family Planning and Birth Control Services for Eligible Adults
What is the Be Smart Program?
Who can apply?
What does Be Smart provide?
Who do I talk to for more information?
The North Carolina Be Smart Program:
- Provides family planning and birth control;
- Is free - there is no cost for the services;
- Is voluntary; and
- Is confidential.
Men and Women can apply who are:
- U.S. citizens or documented immigrants
- North Carolina residents who: are not pregnant, are not incarcerated; or have an income at or below 195% of the federal poverty level.
- Not currently on Medicaid
- Other requirements may apply
The Be Smart Program provides:
- Family planning initial and yearly exams;
- Follow-up family planning visits;
- Birth control and family planning counseling;
- Pregnancy tests;
- Some types of birth control methods like the pill, the shot and IUDs, as well as vesectomies and tubal ligations;
- Family Planning Lab tests;
- HIV testing;
- Limited screening for sexually transmitted infections;
- Pap tests;
- Help on when or if to have a baby; and
For more information about the Be Smart Program:
- Call 704-853-5009