What is My Risk?
Coronaviruses are thought to spread mainly from person-to-person through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
The best things individuals can do to protect themselves from Coronavirus are the same things that will protect them from the flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Stay away from people who are sick
- Stay healthy and keep chronic health conditions under control
If you feel sick with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, you should:
- Call your provider. Before you go to visit your medical provider, call ahead and tell them about your symptoms. If you do not have a provider, you can call an urgent care.
- If you do not have a medical need, you can call (704) 862-5303 or 1-866-462-3821 to speak with a public health professional.
- Avoid contact with others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.