What is a Voluntary Agricultural District?

Gaston County farmers who enroll their farms in the Gaston County Voluntary Agricultural District Program agree to keep their lands in agricultural uses for 10 years - in return for protecting farmlands they receive recognition with roadside signs and listing on this GIS website.

What other benefits do farmers receive?

Farmers will not be assessed or required to connect to Gaston County water and/or sewer infrastructure if Gaston County constructs, maintains or possesses such infrastructure in the future. Farmers will also have the right to public hearings in their communities if there are ever land condemnation proceedings against lands in the districts-

How does the web listing benefit both farmers and non-farmers?

Many people use this website as a starting place when considering purchasing property- The Voluntary Ag District listing informs anyone investigating a parcel if that parcel is within ½ mile of a district. This informs potential buyers that slow moving vehicles (tractors), dusts, odors and noises associated with the normal practice of farming may occur near the investigated parcel- The notice should help non-farmers understand potential impacts from neighboring farms and lessen misunderstandings between neighbors.

Who should I contact for more information about Voluntary Agricultural Districts?

Contact Gaston Natural Resources at 704-922-4181.

Show All Answers

1. Website not Rendering Correctly
2. Where can I find Help for the GIS website?
3. Can I download GIS data / Parcel information?
4. Where is the zoning for the Town of Ranlo?
5. How can I tell if Taxes are owed or what the Tax Bill is?
6. What do I need to use the GIS website?
7. How can I tell what browser I am using?
8. Why do I need to allow pop-up windows?
9. How do I enable pop-ups in Google Chrome?
10. Can GPS or latitude/longitude information be obtained from the Gaston County GIS website?
11. Can I send a link to a parcel?
12. Where is the Book Map and Parcel (BMP)?
13. How do I print a property card? (Appraisal Cards, Tax Appraisal Sheets)
14. How do I print a deed / recorded plat / plat map / survey?
15. Why can I not link (a deed / plat) from the GIS website to the Register of Deeds website?
16. How do I identify the assigned School District for a property?
17. How do I change my Tax Bill Mailing Address?
18. Who do I talk to about a property address?
19. Who do I talk to about my Tax Appraisal Value?
20. Who Do I Talk to About Land Use?
21. Where do I find information on utilities (electric, gas, water and sewer)?
22. Who do I talk to about Zoning?
23. What are the definitions to the Zoning Codes?
24. What is the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)?
25. What are the setbacks in Gaston County?
26. Who do I talk to about waterfront property access?
27. Can I print a map to scale?
28. How can I acquire a map printed to scale?
29. How do I print a map?
30. How do I print a map with tax information?
31. How do I resolve printing issues?
32. Who do I talk to about the house (structure) photograph?
33. Who do I talk to about the parcel map or owner information?
34. Why does this property map show less acreage than I actually own?
35. Why is Flood blank in the Parcel Details window?
36. Who do I talk to about Floodplain?
37. What is a Voluntary Agricultural District?
38. Who do I talk to about the GIS website?