November 21, 2023
Lucile Tatum Homemakers Center
959 Osceola St.
Gastonia, NC 28054
Extension Master Food Volunteer Training Program
Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Have a passion for food, nutrition, and wellness?
Have a passion for food, nutrition, and wellness? Enjoy helping others?
If yes, then learn more about Gaston County’s new Extension Master Food Volunteer Program (EMFVP)!
Benefits to You
- Gain cooking and knife skills
- Receive nutrition and food safety training
- Participate in day trips to area food processing plants and research facilities
- Make connections to our local food system
- Meet new people who share your interest in food and nutrition - locally and statewide
- Be a part of NC Cooperative Extension’s food, nutrition, and wellness workshops in Gaston County
- Make a difference throughout your community
- 30-hrs educational training
- 30-hrs “shadowing” an agent
- 20-hrs volunteer service annually
- 10-hrs continuing education annually
- Contact Extension agent, Linda J. Minges, for complete details to determine if this program is right for you.
- Complete application form.
- Complete the EMFVP training (30-hrs).
Instructor: Linda J. Minges