The mission of the Fire Commission shall be to make formal recommendations to the Gaston County Board of Commissioners on fire protection and emergency services delivery applicable to those departments covered under the venue of the Fire Commission.
The roles of the Fire Commission members as approved by the Gaston County Board of Commissioners (BOC) are:
- Review and making recommendation on non-governmental fire department contracts.
- Reviewing and making recommendations on operating budget requests.
- Reviewing and making recommendations on CIP budget requests.
- Reviewing requests for grant requests from departments and making recommendations for implementation.
- Reviewing and supporting firefighter and volunteer incentive retention and recruitment programs.
- Development and reviewing of demonstrated performance measurement metrics for (contract) compliance.
- Making recommendations to the Gaston County Board of Commissioners for continuing improvement of the fire protection system.
- Review and development of non-governmental fire department response standards.
- Reviewing ISO and consultants reports and recommending action for improvement as deemed necessary.
- Developing and providing overview of all service district operational regulations and guidelines for the Gaston County fire protection service district.
Certificate of Need Application
Fire Department Budget Form