2nd Monday of each month
Gaston County Administration Offices Building
Third Floor Conference Room
128 West Main Avenue, Gastonia NC
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Deborah Ally
- Lee Brooks
- Carl A. Harris Sr.
- Zack K. Horne
- Dr. Morgen Houchard
- Roger D. Hurst
- Michael N. Magee Jr.
- Jay D. Sadler
- J.R. (Randy) Vinson
Ten Member Board Appointed by the Gaston County Board of Commissioners includes
- Seven Township Positions
- One Board of Education
- One Home Builders President
- One Soil / Water Conservation Chairman
Created 1977, by Ordinance. Conducts the following activities:
- Conduct a variety of studies of Gaston County and surrounding areas
- Develop objectives for land use of the study area
- Recommend policies, ordinances and / or procedures for obtaining the objectives
- Approve plan for subdivision, mobile home park ordinances
- Serves as Appeals Board for several ordinances
- Serves as an Advisory Board to the Commissioners
1 Current Vacancy
0 Terms Expired
Enacting Statute or Resolution
G.S. 160D-301. Appointed by Commissioners, One Member Each Township Except Gastonia, Which Has Two Members. Gaston County Unified Development Ordinance Chapter 4, Section 4.4. Gaston County Code of Ordinances, Chapter 12, Article I, Section 13.2 - 13.4.
Comprehensive Plan Vision Statement
Enhancing the Past while creating our Future through wise planning, responsible funding, thoughtful building, and growing together.
The Gaston County Board of Commissioners on September 27, 2016, approved the 2035 Comprehensive Land Use Plan. You may provide comments in the planning process by:
704-862-5510 or 704-866-3473
P.O. Box 1578
Gastonia, NC 28053-1578