The Agricultural Water Resources Assistance Program (AgWRAP) was authorized through Session Law 2011-145. The program is administered by the NC Soil and Water Conservation Commission through the Gaston Soil and Water Conservation District.
The purposes of the AgWRAP are to:
- Identify opportunities to increase water use efficiency, availability, and storage
- Implement best management practices (BMPs) to conserve and protect water resources
- Increase water use efficiency
- Increase water storage and availability for agricultural purposes
The Soil and Water Conservation Commission annually allocates 60% of available BMP funding for district allocations for all approved AgWRAP BMPs. The remaining 40% will be allocated for new ponds, pond repair/retrofits, water collection, and reuse systems, conservation irrigation conversions, and micro-irrigation system conversions through a competitive regional application process.
View the AgWRAP Best Management Practices website.