Highland Health Center
The Highland Health Center is a partnership between the Health Department and Gaston Family Health Services. At our clinic on Highland Street, we're trying a new model of public health clinical services.
We offer the following services/family care for all ages including:
- Well checks and preventive care
- Sick care
- Chronic care management (such as asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure)
- WIC Highland Health Center Logo
- Health education
- Medication assistance program
- Behavioral (mental health) counseling
- On-site pharmacy
- Walk-in/urgent care appointments
- Maternity and family planning/birth control
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Detection services
- STD testing and treatment services
As at the Health Department, Highland Health Center accepts patients with Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance. Patients with no insurance are charged based on their ability to pay.
Summit Midwifery & High-Risk Obstetrics
At Summit, our goal is for you to have the healthiest possible pregnancy and a happy, healthy baby. There are several conditions that could put you and your baby in danger while you are pregnant. Our expert medical team will provide the special care and treatment you will need if you have a high-risk pregnancy.
Conditions that may place you at high risk during pregnancy include:
- Diabetes, before or during pregnancy
- Twin pregnancies
- Epilepsy or seizure disorders
- High blood pressure
- Certain infectious diseases
- Being older than 35 or younger than 16
- Substance abuse
- Mental health conditions
- Problems with the baby's growth
- History of preterm labor
Read more about the services we offer at Summit Midwifery and High-Risk Obstetrics in our Maternity Services section.