Gaston County Emergency Management recommends having an Emergency Preparedness Kit on hand at all times. The Kit should include the following items:
- At least one gallon of water per person per day. Change the water every six months. Don't forget pets.
- Non-perishable food and pet food for at least 3 days.
- Flashlight with extra batteries.
- Battery powered radio with extra batteries.
- First Aid Kit.
- Medicine for at least 3 days.
- Baby supplies for at least 3 days.
For more detailed information, contact Gaston County Emergency Operations at 704-866-3350.