Electronics & Recycling
Electronics recycling can reduce costs and save resources, increasing your bottom line while protecting the environment, natural resources and preserving landfill space.
Did you know...
- More than 3.2 million tons of electronic waste is laid to rest in landfills every year.
- 70% of the heavy metals in landfills come from computer and other electronic equipment.
- Heavy metals and other chemicals used in electronics manufacturing have been shown to cause serious health effects, including cancer and birth defects.
- More than 50,000 tons of electronic material is generated annually in North Carolina.
- North Carolina 's "recycling economy" is one of the fastest growing job engines in the state. Recycling currently employs more than 14,000 people, and in the last 10 years North Carolina recycling jobs have increased by 60%.
Where to Recycle Electronics...
Electronics can be taken to all of the Gaston County Recycling Centers including the Farmer's Market. Please refer to site map for center locations.
Electronics are accepted at the Gaston County Landfill, 3155 Philadelphia Church Rd , Dallas , NC during regular business hours.
Computer Monitors.........$4.00 each
TV’s are accepted at all sites.....$4.00 charge
CPU's and peripherals.......no charge
For more information please call the Recycling Hotline: 704-922-7729.