According to the NC Department of Pollution Prevention and Environmental Assistance (NC DPPEA), businesses and industries create almost half of the waste disposed of in North Carolina. Why should Gaston County businesses consider implementing a waste reduction and recycling program? A properly implemented program can:
- Save money by decreasing trash pickups, landfill disposal fees. It may also decrease money spent on purchasing new supplies.
- Improve public relations. The state of the environment is becoming a concern to more and more people, and residents like to know that local businesses are doing their part to decrease pollution and save resources.
- Keep you legal. A number of items are currently banned from landfill disposal,.
Implementing an effective waste reduction and recycling program in your business does not have to be difficult or expensive. To help you, we have created business-specific fact sheets to outline the basic steps in creating a successful program. Select from the following to view:
- Small Business Recycling
- Banking and Finance Industry
- Hotel/Motel Fact Sheet
- Places of Worship
- Restaurants and Bars Fact Sheet
- Rental Property Companies
If you would like assistance in developing a waste reduction and recycling program for your business, please contact the Gaston County Recycling Coordinator at 704-922-7729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.