Surplus Property List
Anyone interested in submitting an offer to purchase one or more parcels should submit a reasonable offer to: Matt Blackwell, Gaston County Public Works Department, PO Box 1578, Gastonia, NC 28053 or email your offer letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All reasonable offers will be considered. If an offer is deemed reasonable, it will be submitted to the Gaston County Board of Commissioners for their approval. Upon approval by the Board of Commissioners, the offering party will then be required to present a bid deposit in the amount of 5% of the offer price. This deposit must be in the form of a cashier’s or certified check. Once the deposit check is received, the upset bid process will begin. The upset bid process consists of the following steps:
- A public advertisement will be placed soliciting upset bids to the received offer to purchase. Upset bids must be at least 5% over the original offer.
- The upset bid time period will run for ten (10) consecutive days. Another bidder may submit an upset bid during that period provided said upset bid is a minimum 5% higher. A 5% bid deposit will be required from the new bidder for their offer to be considered valid.
- Another public advertisement will be placed notifying potential bidders of a new ten (10) day upset bid period. Subsequent upset bids must be at least 5% higher than the most current offer and must also be accompanied by a 5% bid deposit.
- This process will continue until no further upset bid price is received within a ten (10) day notification period.
- Once an offer to purchase has completed the upset bid process, the highest offer will be presented to the Board of Commissioners for final approval.
- Upon approval by the Board of Commissioners, the County Attorney will begin the purchasing process with the final bidder.
- The final bidder will be responsible for deed recordation and any associated fees.
- Gaston County reserves the right to accept or reject any or all offers when deemed to be in the best interest of Gaston County.