- Call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 704-861-8000.
- Gaston County Police personnel answer the tip line for all law enforcement agencies in Gaston County. You provide the information to them and they ask other pertinent questions. You will be assigned a number. Remember this number. If the information you provide leads to an arrest, you will need this number to collect your cash.
- Crime Stoppers Board members meet monthly and vote on whether to make a payout and how much should be paid. This decision is based on two factors: 1) The severity of the crime, and 2) How helpful the tip was to the investigator in solving the case. Typical payouts for tips range from $50 to $1,000.
- After Board members approve a payout and an amount to pay for a tip, the Crime Stoppers treasurer contacts the bank where you can pick up the money by using the number initially assigned to you over the CrimeStoppers tip line.
- The bank currently used by the Crime Stoppers Program of Gaston County is South State Bank, 519 S. New Hope Road, Gastonia.