Gaston JCPC has the responsibility to:
- Review the needs of juveniles in the county who are at risk of delinquency or who have been adjudicated undisciplined or delinquent.
- Review the resources available to address those needs
- Prioritize community risk factors
- Determine the services needed to address those problems areas
- Develop a request for proposal for services in need
- Submit a written funding plan to the county commissioners for approval
- Evaluate program performance
- Increase public awareness of the causes of delinquency and strategies to reduce the problem
- Develop strategies to intervene, respond to and treat the needs of juveniles at risk of delinquency
- Provide funds for treatment, counseling, or rehabilitation services.
Gaston JCPC Powers and Duties
- To ensure that appropriate intermediate dispositional options are available.
- To provide funds for treatment of juveniles.
- To increase public awareness of the causes of delinquency and strategies to reduce the problem.
- To assess needs of juveniles in the local community.
- To develop strategies for delinquency prevention through risk assessment.
- To assess resources to meet the identified needs.
- To develop or propose ways to meet those needs.
- To plan for a permanent funding stream for delinquency prevention programs.
- To evaluate program performance.