TITLE: SENIOR SYSTEMS DEVELOPER I (Position #IT0015)
LOCATION: Department of Community Development and Technology
Information Technology Division
128 W. Main Avenue, Gastonia, NC 28052
PAY SCALE: $46,250-$71,690 annually (Exempt-Not eligible for overtime)
STATUS: Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (NOTE: The duties listed below are not inclusive of all of the duties that may be assigned to the position but are considered as essential to the nature of the position).
- Designs, develops, tests and implements application software solutions for county government in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Analyze, implement, and support third-party application solutions.
- Ability to support complex software applications and mission critical software packages.
- Conducts interviews and research to produce thorough documents that define goals and objectives, describe and quantify tasks, establish timelines and benchmarks and uses flow and logic diagrams.
- Participates in formal change management process development initiatives.
- Leads project teams and mentors lower level staff as needed.
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university and six (6) plus years experience in software development of moderately complex structured & object oriented applications using SQL, .Net, & C# is required. Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a degree in Information Technology or a non Information Technology four year degree with an Information Technology minor/focus is preferred. Course work toward a certification as a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) (Web or Windows) and development experience with Flex is also preferred. Will consider any combination of education & experience which meets the desirable knowledge, skills, and abilities. (Applicable job experience can be substituted for education.)
The candidate selected must undergo and pass a drug screening test prior to employment.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: July 30, 2012 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled