TITLE: PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE II (Position HL0218)
Nurse Case Managers for Maternity (Pregnancy Medical Home) and
Pediatrics (Care Coordinator for Children)
LOCATION: Gaston County Health Department
991 W. Hudson Blvd., Gastonia, NC 28052
PAY SCALE: $41,957 - $65,037 annually (Exempt - Not eligible for overtime)
PERSONS WHO ARE BILINGUAL AND ARE WILLING TO PROVIDE TRANSLATION SERVICES WILL RECEIVE AN EXTRA 5% INCENTIVE PAY.
STATUS: Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (NOTE: The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned to the position but are considered as essential to the nature of the position).
- Reviews and analyzes data from Case Management Information System, Case ID database, GMH Information and community organizations to identify at-risk pregnant women in accordance with the risk criteria provided by the NC Division of Medical Assistance/Division of Public Health.
- Follows the priorities established by the PMH/CC4C Supervisor.
- Conducts patient health assessments on patients who are Medicaid eligible to identify health and social problems and develops a process of care management services that uses community resources for optimum care delivery.
- Works with the PMH/CC4C social work staff to coordinate around the patient’s needs.
- Contacts and educated clients on the Medicaid/Carolina Access program, use of their PCP/medical home, OB provider and medical information pertaining to their condition, appropriate service utilization and community resources available.
- Meets regularly with assigned PMH/CC4C practices to update/reinforce Care Management activities and discuss individual patient issues.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing which includes a public health nursing rotation and one year of nursing experience; OR graduation from an accredited school of nursing and two years of nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be licensed by the state of North Carolina as an RN (Please include copy of Nursing License with application). A valid BCLS CPR certification required. Must have a valid driver’s license. The candidates selected must undergo a criminal background check and pass a pre-employment drug screening test prior to employment.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: revised July 25, 2012 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled