TITLE: PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE II (Position #HL0087, #HL0106, #HL0219 & #HL0221)
Nurse-Family Partnership Program/Nurse Home Visitor
LOCATION: Gaston County Health Department, 991 W. Hudson Blvd., Gastonia, NC 28052
PAY SCALE: $40,033-$62,066 annually (Exempt - Not eligible for overtime)
PERSONS WHO ARE BILINGUAL AND ARE WILLING TO PROVIDE TRANSLATION SERVICES WILL RECEIVE AN EXTRA 5% INCENTIVE PAY.
STATUS: Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (NOTE: The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned to the position but are considered as essential to the nature of the position).
- Provides home visits to women and their families who are eligible for the NFP Program, carrying a caseload of 25 clients; adheres to nursing process and the fidelity of the NFP model for home visitation.
- Completes all required NFP initial education including NCAST feeding and training; actively engages in professional development to meet all NFP Home Visitor competency requirements; attends and participates in biweekly case conference call and team meetings.
- Performs home visiting in accordance with the NFP model and NFP guidelines; develops therapeutic relationships, utilizes concepts of reflection and motivational interviewing with women and their families; consults and collaborates with other professionals involved in providing services to women and their families.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domains following nursing process implementing NFP into nursing practice and formulates a nursing diagnosis based upon the assessment and client goals.
- Assists women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes; provides ongoing education, support and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining targeted goals; evaluates
- Client progress toward stated goals and NFP outcome and plans home visit in accordance with clients goals.
- Meets with NFP Nurse Supervisor weekly for clinical supervisor using reflective practice; schedules joint home visits with NFP Nurse Supervisor quarterly.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, maintain confidentiality and appropriate documentation.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing which includes a public health nursing rotation and one year of nursing experience; OR graduation from an accredited school of nursing and two years of nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be licensed by the state of North Carolina as an RN (Please include copy of Nursing License with application). A valid BCLS CPR certification required. Must have a valid driver’s license. The candidates selected must undergo a criminal background check and pass a pre-employment drug screening test prior to employment.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: revised April 23, 2012 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled