TITLE: PHYSICIAN EXTENDER I (Position #HL0080)
LOCATION: Gaston County Health Department
991 West Hudson Blvd., Gastonia, NC 28052
PAY SCALE: $54,402--$84,326 annually (Exempt-Not eligible for overtime)
APPOINTMENT: Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (NOTE: The duties listed below are not inclusive of all of the duties that may be assigned to the position but are considered as essential to the nature of the job).
- Provides diagnostic, therapeutic, preventative, maintenance, and primary health care procedures for or in the assessment of unique health problems.
- Serves as a resource person and consultant to Public Health Nurses regarding clinical care of patients or in the assessment of unique health problems.
- Performs clinical examinations of patients; obtains medical history, records and interprets data, and makes diagnostic evaluations of patients.
- Recommends, implements, and evaluates treatment regimens for patients.
- Provides orientation and training of public nursing and allied health personnel.
- Prepares written narrative and statistical reports of work activities and patient examinations.
- Occasional communicable disease coverage.
- Facilitate independent Health Department Clinics; provide direct patient follow-up for non-routine lab work.
- Serves as member of various Personal Health Services administrative committees.
- Provides educational staff training including precepting of students outside medical facilities and institutions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Graduation from a Physician Assistant Program approved by the N. C. board of Medical Examiners and "approved to practice medical acts" based on education and experience by the Board of Medical Examiners or licensed as a Registered Nurse by the NC Board of Nursing and graduation from a Nurse Practitioner program approved by the N. C. Joint Subcommittee of the Board of Nursing and Board of Medical Examiners and "approved to practice medical acts" based on education and experience by the Joint Subcommittee; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Pediatric or Family Nurse Practitioner is preferred. A copy of license will be required with application. The candidates selected must undergo a criminal background check and pass a drug screening test prior to employment.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: July 30, 2012 CLOSING DATE: August 10, 2012