TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Position #HL0004)
LOCATION: Gaston County Health Department/Community Health Education
991 Hudson Blvd., Gastonia, NC 28052
PAY SCALE: $13.2263-$20.5017 per hour (Non Exempt-eligible for overtime)
APPOINTMENT: Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (NOTE: The duties listed below are not inclusive of all of the duties that may be assigned to the position but are considered as essential to the nature of the job).
- Ensures efficient administrative work flow in the organization by providing secretarial
- and administrative services for the Community Health Education Division Health
- Records meeting schedules, work calendars, and travel arrangements.
- Tracks finances for all division programs and informs staff of their expenditure rates and fund balances .
- Processes confidential, but routine correspondence.
- Maintains departmental records through the use of scanners, computers, typewriters, or data entry terminals.
- Prepares memos, reports, and other correspondence in rough draft or final copy format including budget.
- Enters or retrieves information in computerized record keeping systems.
- Liaison to Business Services relating to payroll and purchasing supplies.
- Performs other clerical functions as determined by the Division Administrator.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Requires graduation from an accredited high school or a GED equivalency and a minimum of three years of advanced secretarial experience. Candidates must be experienced in the use of general office equipment, calculators and computerized data entry devices. Candidates with prior laserfiche experience preferred; bilingual candidates preferred. A typing test requiring a score of 65 wpm will be administered in the office prior to submitting an application. The candidate selected must undergo and pass a drug screening test prior to employment.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: Revised April 12, 2013 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled