How to Apply
Application for services can be made by visiting your local Child
Support Agency. Gaston County Child Support Agency is located
at 330 N. Marietta St., Gastonia, N.C.
Child Support Agency is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.,
Monday through Friday except legal holidays. You should arrive
before 4:30 since your interview will take up to 20 minutes.
The following documents will be needed:
- Your state issued id
- Social Security card for you and your child(ren)
- Current wage stubs ( four most current)
- Child care receipts (on provider letterhead)
- Medical Insurance Card (Child Only)
- Photograph of Non-custodial parent
- Child(ren)'s birth certificate
- Separation or Divorce Decree
- Custody/ Child Support Orders
- Application fee $25.00 or $10.00 (cash, money order, or certified check)
Individuals receiving services through Public Assistance (WFFA, Foster Care, Medicaid) are referred to Child Support and are eligible for Child Support services without an application fee. Individuals currently not receiving Public Assistance must pay an application fee of $10.00 or $25.00 depending upon financial circumstances.